Why Do It?
The patient-centered medical home (PCMH) model is becoming widely acknowledged as a key to health care reform. Today, more than 7,600 practitioners at more than 1,500 locations across the country have achieved PCMH recognition through the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)—and that program is just one of four national PCMH recognition programs. So why take the plunge? Below are eight reasons to consider implementing the PCMH model in your organization.
- National Recognition
- Increased Market Competitiveness
- Potential Increased Reimbursement
- Aligns with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) Legislation
- Added Structure for CHC Expansion
- Parallels and Complements Meaningful Use
- Aligns with new and existing pilots / demonstration projects
- Positions for Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) under the Affordable Care Act (ACA)